Which Software or Script HBB Used to create this Forum?

forum

(Rahul Setia) #1

I badly want to start a forum for my own blog - techblogcorner.com

@pradeepkumar please help me to know, how did you make this forum?

Theme used in hellboundbloggers forum?
Want some tips and Advice regarding Forum
How to Start a Forum on my site easily?
(Pradeep Kumar) #2

We used “Discourse” bro, it’s a wonderful platform… but kinda technical, it took me months to understand this platform so that I can troubleshoot whenever any issue occurs.

You can refer to this article, I have mentioned the steps to install:

(Santhosh veer) #3

Forum Software - Discourse forum (Ruby on Rails)
Hosting - Digitalocean 20$ Plan
For Outgoing Emails we need Third-party mail service try Mailgun and Sendgrid

(Rahul Setia) #4

But if i want to install the discourse on hostgator or any other hosting then?

(Pradeep Kumar) #5

If you have a “virtualized cloud server” then you can easily install bro… you just need to ask your hosting about that. :slight_smile:

(Rahul Setia) #6

Ok got it they have some specifications :slight_smile:

(Akash Patil) #7

@pradeepkumar Any specific reason, You choose Discourse over other popular forum softwares like Mybb or Phbb or XenForo :wink:

(Pradeep Kumar) #8

I really love the way this forum looked bro, it’s simple and direct. It’s more like WordPress, they have a very good supporting community. But it’s very techy for me to understand, learning a lot each and every day…

(MC Naveen) #9

@Patilakashh Discourse has a lot of Features In-Built.

Here are the few:

• Spam Filtering
  • Social Login Features (We have to setup apps)
  • Plugins
  • WordPress Integration
  • Link Clicks Tracking (Example: goo.gl, bit.ly)

Read More Here: https://goo.gl/zeRW7u

UPDATE :

Example for Link Click Tracking:

(Hitesh Rawat) #10

It’s discourse but even I like it but I feed Xenfro is better then this. :slight_smile:

(Pradeep Kumar) #11

Hi @Hitesh, any specific reasons mate? :slight_smile:

(Hitesh Rawat) #12

Actually it depends upon the usage, for a Blogging forum like this Discourse is perfect but if you own a discussion forum like desidime the you need a well structured forum.

Where user need to open sub-forum to access posts.

Maybe discourse have this feature but I haven’t used it.

(Arjun Chandran) #13

I love Xenforo, Discourse changes the way forums looked and worked. Xenforo is one of the industry leaders in premium forum software. They have an active community and gives frequent updates. Moreover it’s a lot secure, simple to use, uses less resources. The only thing i like about Discourse is the monthly digest email. Most big online forums like Digitalpoint forums, Cpanel forums, Androidforums etc… use Xenforo.

Both Xenforo and Discourse is new and stays in two categories, premium and open source. And Discourse is the best choice in open source software.

Anyway it’s not about the software, it’s about the people in the forum, i have seen many awkward looking forums with a ton of active users.
Good luck to HBB forum and great work @pradeepkumar

(Arun Sathiya) #14

I have been putting up a Discourse setup too since few months. Cannot wait to break it to the world. :slight_smile:

(Arun Sathiya) #15

Do you have a Xenfro setup that I can see, bro?