My site loads very slow even after caching

wprocket

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #1

I have a blog and it loads really slow even after using cache plugin, can someone please look after my site and guide me on how to improve it? will changing theme help? if yes then which theme will be good?

sorry if this is not allowed, i am a new member and posted my query

(Pradeep Kumar) #2

Kindly share your website link mate, we’ll give it a look. :slight_smile:

Welcome to our HBB Forum bro! Feel free to ask any questions and interact with the community!

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #3

thank you so much for such a warm welcome here is the url

(Pradeep Kumar) #4

I have 3 questions bro. :slight_smile:

1. When did you install this theme?

2. Which cache plugin you are using?

3. Which web hosting you are using?

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #5

the theme is 1 year old,
using wp rocket.
and bluehost.in

(Pradeep Kumar) #6

In WP Rocket, check these options bro - “Mobile cache” and “Minify files” - Have you enabled them?

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #7

yes
I have enabled both according to the guide

(Pradeep Kumar) #8

We have a helpful resource for optimizing WordPress blog, but it’s for W3 Total Cache:

Kindly have a look at it, to understand the options you should enable/disable on your plugin as well, pls try this, wait for a while, check your score on Google Page Speed Tool, and please update me bro!

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #9

the score on google page speed tool is 70/100 its very bad , n i have heard that if site loads slow it affects rankings

(Pradeep Kumar) #10

That’s true bro, site loading speed is an important factor for ranking. I feel your current theme is too crowded. You can edit your theme bro, try to remove unnecessary elements like “3 weeks ago”, “Add Comment,” etc. :slight_smile:

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #11

please suggest some good seo friendly theme bro, i will change the theme

(Pradeep Kumar) #12

If you need an optimized theme, then check out “Schema” bro, it’s not a free theme, but you can try this:

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #13

bro what did you mean by saying edit your theme and remove unwanted elements? how can i remove? should i have to edit the code?

(Pradeep Kumar) #14

Yes, bro, you can manually edit the theme and remove unwanted stuff. Visit your website as a reader and think of all the sections you might avoid or don’t give preference, you can remove them. :slight_smile:

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #15

but i dont know codes n all i mean if i find that 2 weeks ago or something not usefull how can i remove it, how to edit it?

(Pradeep Kumar) #16

I would definitely suggest you skip it if you are not into ‘coding’ bro. :frowning: You can edit the theme via WordPress Theme Editor, like if you want to edit the homepage elements, then there will be a file called index.php, you can edit there…

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #17

can you tell any site that is using schema? i have that theme i can use it

(Akash Bais (Sky)) #18

these are my test results on current theme

(Pradeep Kumar) #19

There are plenty of websites using that theme bro, see, by default all of them will be good, but once you modify them according to your needs, you can see the difference bro. Your theme’s loading speed is good here, but for Google, they see several factors, that’s why you got those errors/warnings.