Meta Descriptions using SEO by Yoast not appearing Google Search. Can someone please help

(Sidharth Rathore) #1

Meta Descriptions using SEO by Yoast not appearing Google Search. Can someone please help

Cc @pradeepkumar

(Pradeep Kumar) #2

Is this happening for all the articles or just specific ones mate? Is this happening for the new articles? :slight_smile:

(Sidharth Rathore) #3

Checked some old articles on search. They shows the diff desc, not the one that i wriiten on the Yoast meta desc.

Seems like this is the problem.

Should i removed the excerpt tag.

But most of my old post don’t have the “Meta description” in Yoast plugin. So what will happened to them.

(Pradeep Kumar) #4

You can remove that bro, our website doesn’t have that. :’)

If you haven’t entered your custom meta description, then Google will display the search result according to the ‘search query’ bro. :slight_smile:

If I’m searching for ‘Best Hotels in Chennai’, then they’ll show the sentences which contains these keywords.

Apart from that, if you are normally searching for your article, then it’ll just grab the first few lines of your article…

(Sidharth Rathore) #5

Great … Thanks for all your help.

Learnt so many things form last few days… thanks for this platform :slight_smile:

(Sidharth Rathore) #6

Last one…

Date in Snippet Preview. Should be hide or Show

(Pradeep Kumar) #7

It won’t impact your Google search results output bro, it’ll just remove the ‘date’ in the ‘preview’ section…

HELPFUL: Display “Last Updated/Modified Date” on WordPress Blog Articles