How to Transfer Domain From Godaddy to Google?

godaddy
googledomains

(Sachin Alam) #1

During transfer period is my site will down?

Please tell me procedure of how to transfer the domain from godaddy to Google Domains.

(Pradeep Kumar) #2

Nope, I don’t think so, this process will be smooth and you won’t face any sort of noticeable downtime bro.

1. Go to Google Domains and log in with any of your Google accounts.

2. After that, search for the domain name you want to transfer, here I entered hellboundbloggers.com and it shows it’s not available for registration. You’ll find a small “Transfer” icon next to that, click it.

3. After that, you’ll get a page like this:

You need to enter your “Authorization Code” here to proceed further. This is more or less like a verification code. You need to get this from your GoDaddy domain registrar.

4. Log into GoDaddy, select the domain name you want to transfer and you’ll find something this at the bottom:

Click on “Get authorization code” link and the code will be emailed to you. Copy the code and paste it in your Google Domains section. Now you just need to proceed the steps, and after a while, everything will be over.

Here is a small domain transfer checklist provided by GoDaddy, keep a note of this:

That’s all. It’s the same process all over again… do try this and let us know if you face any issues @Sachin_Alam. :slight_smile: