How to switch/Change my hosting server to a new host?

(Punit khatri) #1

How to move my wordPress Site from HostGator to ?? Server If anyone know how to do that then please tell me the procedure and also tell me the Alternatives of Hostgator.

(Pradeep Kumar) #2

I’ll share the simple steps here bro:

1. Backup your site. Like totally. Take a backup of your database + all your theme and plugin files.

2. Transfer all of them to your new server, say BaseZap or SiteGround for example. Use phpMyAdmin to import the database.

3. Then change the nameservers.

These 3 steps are the most critical ones mate. I would suggest you to sign up for BaseZap or SiteGround.

You can get in touch with the founders of BaseZap, they’ll help you for the migration. :slight_smile:

(Pavan) #3

If you want to move your WP Site to your own servers like Linode or DigitalOcean, send me a DM. I can direct you to one of the articles that I wrote about a month ago. It’s a good learning experience if you want to try it.

If you’re trying to move to another shared hosting, the steps are pretty much what Pradeep has mentioned above.

(Nikhil Darji) #4

try this easy way first add your site in cloudflare.com
and take backup of your wordpress using all in one wp migration plugin
then change your new host ip in cloudflare and install fresh wp on it
and install all in wp migration plugin and import your data
suggested hosting Royal Clouds

(MP) #5

Why do you want to switch from Host Gator? I have 3 sites hosted there. No problems on my end.