How to Setup Cloudflare SSL for multi domain cloud hosting

cloudflare

(Gaddi Prashanth) #1

I need more info about how to setup cloudflare ssl for cloud hosting (multi domain)

(Pradeep Kumar) #2

Hey bro, can you elaborate ‘Multi-domain’ here? Which web hosting you are using? :slight_smile:

(Rishabh Sharma) #3

If you want to add more site on one Cloudflare account, then their is a direct way of doing that.

You can see a +Add Site tab. Just click on it and process further and then change your DNS.

(Gaddi Prashanth) #4

currently, iam using multi-domain cloud hosting with dedicated IP address, one of the domain has Already installed SSL on that,

The problem when I use CloudFlare is, it is showing an error because SSL certificate installed on the server is different from SSL server provided by CloudFlare.

(Pradeep Kumar) #5

Oops, you can disable the one installed on your server then bro. :slight_smile:

(Gaddi Prashanth) #6

but I need SSL certificate for both Domains, As we need to install SSL for a specific domain. Any Solution for this.

(Pradeep Kumar) #7

Go to “Manage SSL Hosts” in your cPanel and share a screenshot please @GaddiPrashanth. :slight_smile:

(Gaddi Prashanth) #8

I don’t have any option like that, I am using Hostgator business cloud hosting

(Pradeep Kumar) #9

Can you ask your web hosting support and let me know whether you have access to “WHM (Web Host Manager)” bro?

(Gaddi Prashanth) #10

NO, bro…They are not giving access to Web Host Manager, only access to C panel.

(Pradeep Kumar) #11

I have a final question @GaddiPrashanth, you said two domain names right? Do you want to use Cloudflare SSL for both of them or the SSL provided by your server? :slight_smile:

(Shivam Saluja) #12

Hello,

I am not sure if Hostgator supports any Free SSL. However, there is a tweak which can help you using SSL on all your domains using Cloudflare.

Follow these steps, Remember Cloudflare should be completely disabled first.

Step 1- Go here - https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html
Enter your domain, if Hostgator has installed a shared/self-signed SSL on domain(It is usually done in every hosting company), It doesn’t matter if it shows errors inside SSL.

Step 2 - Go Back to Cloudflare >> Enable it.
Go to Crypto, SSL Settings and Change SSL type to - Full, Please make sure it is Full only and not Full(Strict).

This will enable you to access your website over a trusted SSL from Cloudflare. And Cloudflare can also fetch your website over HTTPS even if that certificate isn’t valid. It won’t create a problem for you.

If incase in first step, it shows that Port 443 on your server is closed. You will need to ask Hostgator to install a Shared or Self-Signed Free SSL on your domain. They will most probably cater to your request.

Regards
Shivam Saluja
BaseZap

(Gaddi Prashanth) #13

i want to use cloudfare ssl for only one Domain, and Godady ssl for another one

(Pradeep Kumar) #14

You can go to your cPanel, search for “SSL/TLS”, you’ll get these options mate. You can manage the SSLs here, you can pick the desired domain name and use the GoDadddy SSL for that alone here. :slight_smile: