How to make sure my movie trailer gets maximum exposure

(Ja Gin Der) #1

Hi, I am an independent film maker on a budget. I am about to release a trailer soon and I keen to make sure my trailer gets the maximum eyeballs and reactions. I know I can pay Google, Youtube, Facebook & Twitter the tradition fees for reach or fees for clicks but want to know if there other possibilities out there? I have seen that some websites have ads, even Facebook now has side bars with ads, how do I get my trailer there and are there any other paths with the most value for money?

Thanking you in advance for your pointers.

Oh my film is called Eleven Days

(Ja Gin Der) #2

excuse the typo and grammar…should have double checked!

(Pradeep Kumar) #3

Hi @Jaginder, congrats for your new film. Kindly let us know more about your film, please. :slight_smile:

And, where exactly this trailer will be uploaded? In your personal YouTube account? Your movie’s account? Or where?

(Ja Gin Der) #4

Thanks Pradeep,
The online is " A boy goes on a quest to locate his brother before he joins the fight against terror"
This is the synopsis:

AJIT SINGH 12, blends in happily in to his new home in the middle of Australia. However, his brother RAJVEER 20, finds it unbearable to be constantly labelled a terrorist due to his beard and turban that he keeps faithfully according to his Sikh heritage. Rajveer decides to join the army and leaves home after an argument with their dad SARJIT, 50. Fearing for his brother’s safety. Ajit then goes on a quest to locate Rajveer and to bring him home before losing him in war against terror. Ajit has to achieve this in ELEVEN DAYS.

I am thinking of upload it separately on youtube, facebook etc… since I have heard of the 'territorial wars" going on.

My facebook link[ www.facebook.com/elevendaysmovie](http:// http//:www.facebook.com/elevendaysmovie )
Let me know if you need more info.

(Pradeep Kumar) #5

Thanks for sharing all these @Jaginder bro. They look really interesting. :slight_smile:

I just have some questions now:

1. Are you producing this movie? Do you have a production company under your name?

2. Have you directed any other previous films? If so, how many?

3. Have you completed the trailer for this film? If so, how many minutes?

I need these questions to prepare a basic strategy to promote the trailer bro.

(Ja Gin Der) #6

[quote=“pradeepkumar, post:5, topic:1728”]
Thanks for sharing all these @Jaginder bro. They look really interesting. :slight_smile:
My pleasure @pradeepkumar bro. Thank you!

I just have some questions now:

Are you producing this movie? Do you have a production company under your name?
Yes and Yes It’s called Eleventh Media Pty Ltd (registered in AU)

Have you directed any other previous films? If so, how many?
I have directed some short films. I reckon about 7

Have you completed the trailer for this film? If so, how many minutes?
Not yet but I reckon it would not be more that 3 minutes long.

I need these questions to prepare a basic strategy to promote the trailer bro.
[/quote] No worries, happy to answer any more.

(Pradeep Kumar) #7

Gr8 bro, these are my suggestions to promote your film’s trailer (YouTube) for free:

1. Connect with popular Facebook pages & groups, give them free exclusive preview access to your film and request them to post about the trailer/review.

2. Since your film’s theme is about “Terror”, kindly watch out for the upcoming Twitter hashtags about “Terror”, tweet about them via your film’s Twitter profile… trust me, they’ll reach as many people as possible.

RELATED: Popular #Hashtags on Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & More)

1. Create an IMDb profile for your film, if you haven’t, and upload your trailer there as well. It’s an additional way to boost and reach the target audience.

2. Find out other films similar to yours. Find their Facebook, Twitter, etc. profiles, request them to share the trailer. I’m not sure if it’s odd to do this way, but if someone already involved in this concept before, he/she might express interest in spreading the word further.

3. This is for your own Facebook Page. I shared some detailed tips here, you can try them: Natural Ways To Increase/Improve Facebook Page Post Engagements.

All the best bro. Let me know if you have any queries. :slight_smile:

(Ja Gin Der) #8

Thanks @pradeepkumar!
I have been doing some of the things already. Will do the others that you have suggested.

I also did have put aside a small budget for the trailer promotion.

What would the best way be to squeeze every view/reach out of the dollar?

Thanks again.

(Pradeep Kumar) #9

You can invest them on Facebook Ads at the moment, and see if it works out well bro. They have this ‘cost-per-view’ thing, so that might help us to understand the reach and investment. :slight_smile:

(Arjunsinh Chauhan) #10

Don’t rely on Facebook ads only, because the price is purely depend on what kind of users you’re targeting. Obviously you can get very cheap traffic from Facebook but it’s not true on most of the cases.

I suggest to run your ads in Youtube, Facebook and GDN and find the winner after doing some test (you can easily do all 3 test with 3k budget). Google Display Network show your ads on many website who have place AdSense Ads codes on their site. In GDN you can set very lower bid like 2-3 Rs/click and still you can get so much traffic.

And don’t hire any PPC hero, and learn yourself, because no one can understand your audience better than you, good luck :slight_smile:

(Ja Gin Der) #11

Thanks a lot @Goyllo I am located in Perth, Western Australia. So the bits will be in AUD I guess? I am preparing to hire a cinema at the end of OCT to have first screening then I might take it from city to city. So my targets will be specific at this stage.

I will be going more aggressively when I finally go online.

So is GDN is what I was thinking about. Is this where I can choose to run my trailer run on movie related websites or forums?

(Arjunsinh Chauhan) #12

Yes you can target specific website as well.

If you want to run ads on the Display Network but only on placements you’ve hand-picked, you can do so with managed placements. For example, if you sell travel packages and want your ads to appear on a particular website or a specific page about travel, add it as a managed placement.