Get $20 DigitalOcean promo coupon code for FREE now!

couponcodes
digitalocean

(Pradeep Kumar) #1

Yep, that’s true. $20 for free. You can use them to create your desired DigitalOcean droplet and use them till your credits expire. Let’s get started now. Before proceeding, this doesn’t work on old accounts, you badly need a new account to get this, so get ready to create a new one!

DigitalOcean Promo Coupon Codes!

1) Go to Codeanywhere and sign up for a free account. Activate your account by verifying your email address first.

2) Then go to “File” > “New Connection” > “DigitalOcean”

3) You’ll get a message like “Don’t Have a DigitalOcean Account? Click below to receive a coupon for $10 in Credit.” Click on the “GET COUPON” link. That’s all. Here is your $10 DO coupon!

UPDATE: Looks like CodeAnywhere is providing just $10 coupon code at the moment.

Okay, but wait, I said $20 right? :open_mouth: You just need to sign up using any of your friend’s DigitalOcean referral link, and you’ll get extra $10. Remember I said this tip/trick works only on new accounts.

So sign up using your friend’s DO referral/affiliate link! While signing up, you’ll get options to add your payment details (Credit/Debit card or PayPal), and below this, you will also have the option to add the promo code. You can enter your Codeanywhere promo code there! You’ll get a popup like this below, and after that, it’ll show “Promo code is valid” message.

You need to connect your Credit/Debit card or your PayPal account to activate the account, but they won’t charge* you for this, maybe just for verification purpose, they might charge and reverse the amount!

This is a kind of cool tweak to get good DigitalOcean credits for experimenting, I hope this is helpful to the folks who wanted to check out DigitalOcean before using it for their blogs! :slight_smile: Do try this and let me know if you face any issues!

Note: Kindly don’t misuse this awesome offer by creating multiple accounts, it’s like violating something, I’m sure DigitalOcean will figure this out and cancel your account, it happens when you use the same credit/debit card again, and again…

Update 1:

If you guys are facing any issue with the promo code activation, here is a quick tip shared by our friend:

Update 2:

Update 3: DigitalOcean - Terms of Service Agreement

Kindly read their ToS agreement before proceeding, they are pretty serious with folks who misuse any sort of referral codes, this is a natural trick, so don’t misuse it in any way. And don’t use the same billing details (like your same Debit card or credit card) on multiple accounts without letting them know about this.

“Subscribers are restricted from registering multiple Accounts with the same billing details without first notifying DigitalOcean of that intent.”

“The use of referral codes by multiple Accounts having the same billing profile is not allowed.”

Your droplets or accounts could be flagged and it’ll take weeks to get a proper reply back from them, so don’t do anything which is against their terms.

Best Hosting Deals on this Black Friday/Cyber Monday
The $100 Blog: Your investments to make your blog much better!
(Sahil Suman) #2

I know this trick but codeanywhere code didn’t work i have tried that when you will apply the coupon and check out it you won’t get any credit

(Pradeep Kumar) #3

It worked for me bro, but, did you use a new or old account for this? :slight_smile:

(Sahil Suman) #4

new account do you get the credit?

(NIKHIL) #5

Please use this method Carefully! I was using the same method, but Last month DigitalOcean Deleted my 3 Droplets. :sweat_smile:

(Arvinder Singh) #6

I tried this yesterday, but this didn’t work :confused: It says Code can not be applied. I used a new account…

(Pradeep Kumar) #7

It worked for me, I just created a new account for this and tried. :slight_smile:

(Pradeep Kumar) #8

But, did you ask them why this happened bro? :slight_smile:

(NIKHIL) #9

Yep, It was My Fault! I was using 3 DO Accounts with same Card.

(Pradeep Kumar) #10

That is unfortunate mate… that’s why I clearly added this at the end of the post. :frowning:

(NIKHIL) #11

:innocent:
Sir Can you Write it in Bold?

(Pavan Somu) #12

Some error :frowning:

(Pradeep Kumar) #13

Bhai, this works only on new accounts, that too, you need to enter the promo code in the sign up like explained. :slight_smile:

(Pavan Somu) #14

Yes, I’ve created new account following the tutorial.

Initially the code was accepted. After hitting the submit button, on the next page the above specified error occured

(Pradeep Kumar) #15

This is strange @pavansomu bro, kindly open a Support Ticket and report this to them, this might be a temporary bug, do update us the status as well mate. :slight_smile:

(Santhosh veer) #16

While activating your account by connecting debit/VISA or Paypal you can find the Promo option below the payment form
But It will Not Apply Promo code to the Account for that Just Create a Support Ticket from your DO Account [DO Support team Best active Hours 1 AM to 4 AM] Tell about I redeem the Coupon But I Can’t See My Free Credits DO Support Team Will Contact you Provide your Codeanywhere Coupon code they will Activate your Free Credits.

Check out My Post in HBB -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HellBoundBloggers.HBB/permalink/1362254803830849/

(Rakesh Siliveru) #18

@pradeepkumar bro codeanywhere is now giving only $10 coupon to users…

(Pradeep Kumar) #19

Thanks guys, updated the post. Thanks to CodeAnywhere for being generous. :slight_smile:

(DiggDigital) #20

@pradeepkumar bro is it true that Digital ocean bans Indian accounts abruptly without any notice to its clients? DO is creating lot of rumors about it. Maybe if you could tell some hidden facts will help lot of users to sign up.