Fix "This ad is inactive and cannot be shared." Facebook error (Solutions)

(Pradeep Kumar) #1

As a Facebook page admin, I used to run several ads for my posts, especially ‘boosting’ them to reach more people, but quite recently, when I try to share the boosted posts (after they become inactive), I get this strange error:

Unsupported Feature

This ad is inactive and cannot be shared.

If you think you’re seeing this by mistake, please let us know.

Of course, “let us know” points to a link, which is pretty useless. This issue is occurring even when others share the post. But I do have some things to share regarding this:

1. This is not happening for new ‘boosted’ yet ‘inactive’ ads. I can share my inactive boosted posts, say a week or even a month old ones.

2. I somehow feel this popup error is occurring due to the “Call-to-action (CTA)” button in the post for me. We have this “Sign up” thing there which points to our Facebook group.

So what I did was, I started to boost the ad again and then cancelled it. Now, I’m able to share the post everywhere and others can do the same.

I’m kinda sure this will stay like this for the next few days or even a month max, but this error will repeat again for sure, I know this is not the full permanent solution for this issue. I reported this to Facebook several times, but no proper response from them, if I find anything I’ll definitely share here.

USEFUL: Facing issues with Facebook Pages? Here is a way to let them know!

If you have any queries or if you know any other solution/reason/fix for this, do let us know, please. :slight_smile: