Can i go with bluehost basic plan to start my first wordpress blog?

(Thandava Krishna tk) #1

I worked on blogger till now.As i am done with academics i opt blogging as my full time profession.The first thing i am interested to do to move my main brand site to wordpress.

About my brand site on blogger!
It just have 55 articles(Many are dumb which i am going to delete).
I had some good comments for some long guides.
My current traffic is 100-150/day(organic traffic)

As i just entered hosting stuff,i just want to know that if basic bluehost plan is suitable for my brand site or not!

And after my hosting setup,which plugins should i need i.e speed and spam comments issues.Let me know about the plugins which must be installed from the day 1!

Thanks in Advance.

(Pavan) #2

Hi Krishna,

The basic plan is good but I would still suggest you go for Plus plan. It allows you to host multiple blogs and it would be beneficial for you in future (if you’re planning to start multiple blogs).

I’ve been using HostGator and BigRock. They were pretty good too.

This is my list of Plugins that I’m using on my blog.

1. AMP
  2. Easy Affiliate
  3. WP Subscribe Pro
  4. Yoast SEO
  5. Akismet Anti-spam comments

To achieve better speed, you can use cache plugins such as W3 Total Cache and Above the Fold Optimization. In addition to this, you can use free CDN such as CloudFlare.

(Pradeep Kumar) #3

Like @pavanbawdane suggested, you can go for the Plus plan bro, should be futureproof for your blog.

These are the important 5 plugins:

1. Yoast SEO

2. WP DB Manager

3. Akismet

4. W3 Total Cache

5. Broken Link Checker

Best wishes!

(Rishabh Sharma) #4

I would recommend Siteground basic plan and it can handle upto 2.5k daily traffic. The reason for siteground is their support which is really amazing. If you do not have much knowledge of hosting n all you can surely try them.

Even I used it in the beginning but now I moved to Digital Ocean!

(Thandava Krishna tk) #5

Thank you all :slight_smile: All the answers are helpful :slight_smile: