Adding your GSTIN on GoDaddy to save Tax Money! [HOW TO]

godaddy
gstin

Let’s learn how to add your GSTIN (GST Identification Number) on GoDaddy. By default, GoDaddy India collects 18% GST. This is different from the normal taxes we have when purchasing something online.

GST - Goods and Services Tax: It’s a Tax imposed on the sale of goods and services in India.

1. Go to your GoDaddy account and add the products you want to buy/renew to the Cart.

2. Use this Checkout Page link to directly access the “Billing & Payment” section.

1. Click on the “Edit Billing Information” option.

2. Scroll down, and you’ll find the option “I have a GSTIN.”

1. Enter your correct GSTIN number here. The one you have and not anyone’s else.

1. That’s all. Now save the page, and your final price will be updated aka reduced.

So, what happened here is, like, your taxes for this got removed because you have a GST number already.

You can notice the price change here. You can go to the official GST India website to do the registration on your own. Let us know if you have any queries related to this! :smiley:

I think it is a bit tough that when you have GSTIN you will have to file the return every month. Even for an individual that is the case. And for those who are starting out it is not worth I believe since they will be not earning more than 20 lakhs as per the GST cap. What are your thoughts on this?

Hi @Prabhu, thanks for sharing your thoughts, I do agree GSTIN is not for everyone, especially newbies, unnecessary pressure and it won’t make sense to use them every time they buy something online. :smiley: