This is a pretty common question for almost all the newbie bloggers and bloggers who migrated from Blogger.com or WordPress.com. So we thought of making a thread for this, sharing the ones we believe are ‘MUST have’ and we badly need your suggestions as well.
MUST & Best WordPress Plugins For Your Blog
This plugin is from Automattic, the parent company of WordPress, this is useful for preventing spam comments on your blog posts.
This is probably the best SEO plugin out there in the market, helps you to optimize your blog posts for search engines like Google, Bing, etc. We are using the ‘premium’ version of this plugin, worth investing.
Want to take backups of your database + optimize and repair it? This plugin should definitely be on your list then. They also have ‘Automatic Scheduling’ feature for the database backup.
4. WP Rocket
This is a premium plugin but definitely worth investing. It’s a caching plugin, and they have features like “Images on Request”, which enable images on your articles to load only when your visitor scrolls down the page.
P.S. If you need a free caching plugin, then you can also try “W3 Total Cache”.
I may not recommend this plugin for a new blog, but if you have a blog filled with multiple links and comments, then this will be very helpful. You can find all the broken links on your blog, edit them, unlink them and focus on all their redirections as well.
Other WordPress Plugins
These are some other WordPress plugins you can consider:
1. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP: Google Analytics stats on your dashboard itself!
2. Optimus: Useful for compressing images!
3. Redirection: Want to redirect your blog posts? Here you go!
4. ThirstyAffiliates: Good for cloaking your affiliate URLs!
5. WP Bitly: Want to have your own custom short URL (like hbb.me) for your blog posts?
6. WP Encrypt: If you want to integrate HTTPS (SSL) on your blog via Let’s Encrypt.
These are the plugins we can think of right now if you have any other ‘MUST’ have or any plugin you can recommend to us, do kindly share it, we’ll add them here.